Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

I Made a Pencil Case


I sew a lot for my little shop,
but don't often get to make goodies for my boys.
When the firstborn's school pencil case burst at the seams
I decided to make a new one for him.
 
The back...
 
Has an extra pocket.
 
And the front.
He loves it, he's grade 5 this year,
so I always a worry about if he would still like things made by his mum.
No need to worry at this stage, he "gets" handmade,
and so far, is not fussed about the whole brand thing.
I'm very glad that he has the confidence to not have to
have/wear and be like everyone else.
He picked out his fabrics and watched it take shape,
then off to school it went.
 
Happy Boy
Happy Mum
 

2 comments:

  1. Great fabric choices! - he has a good eye, your chap!
    May he hold out on the brand thing for as long as possible. My little Mr is in grade 6 and brands have recently become important ... 'sigh'....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - it looks great! And you made it for him, so it's special. My boy, in year 7, has a favourite pencil case made by a mate's mum. I think when they see you making things all the time, the understand the thought and time you've put into making something especially for them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...